Guide Price: £1,200,000
A rare opportunity to purchase an individual detached modern house offering highly versatile accommodation and a further detached adjacent annexe. The property enjoys a wonderful tucked away and elevated position with stunning far-reaching country views standing in large mature gardens and grounds of approximately 2 acres. The accommodation would be perfect for multi generational living and has been a fantastic family home for almost the last 40 years.
• Peaceful hillside setting enjoying a great deal of privacy and far reaching views
• Mature gardens and grounds approximately 2 acres in total
• Detached main residence with flexible and spacious family accommodation comprising: 4 bedrooms, loft room and dressing room, living room, kitchen/breakfast room with aga, conservatory/dining room
• Adjacent detached single storey Annexe comprising: 3 bedrooms, bathroom and en suite shower room, large well fitted bespoke kitchen and living room
• Large undercroft providing extensive storage or scope for studio
• Impressive snooker/garden room
• Detached stable block
• Ample driveway parking for numerous vehicles set behind secure electric gates.
• Internal areas: Main residence: 2189 sq ft/203 sq m. Outbuildings including Annexe & Lodge) 2074 sq ft/192 sq m
Quietly located on the edge of the much sought after village of Freshford, just 8 miles from Bath and only 3 miles from Bradford on Avon, Staples Hill offers easy access to a wide variety of local amenities including the well-reputed Freshford Primary School, local community centre and shop, local garage in nearby Limpley Stoke and the ever popular Inn at Freshford serving highly-reputed country fare and fine local beers. Similar amenities available in Westwood including a garden centre, inn, primary school and nursery school and stores. A rail link at Freshford provides access to Bath with an onward high-speed service to London Paddington (taking 90 minutes approximately). Services to London Waterloo are available from nearby Bradford on Avon and a local bus service and offers a wide variety of shops and amenities. Access to the A36 linking Warminster and Bath will be found above the Freshford Valley and the commuter will be pleased to note that Junction 18 of the M4, giving access to London, North Bristol, the Midlands and the South West (via the M5) is to be found 5 miles north of Bath at Tormarton. Lovely walks are available right on the doorstep with a network of paths, bridle paths and trails through the Avon Valley.